0800 111 4299 0800 111 4299

Complaints Procedure

If you have had an unsatisfactory experience in dealing with Habcheck, we are sorry to hear that and we will endeavour to put things right. We service thousands of motorhomes and caravans a year and as much as we would like to make every customer experience perfect, we understand that things don’t always go exactly as they should. As we are a franchise organisation, it is most likely that the engineer you have dealt with is a franchisee. In the first instance we would request that you contact the franchisee you have dealt with by following our complaints procedure. Thank you.

How to Make a Complaint

Before we can look at your complaint, you must complain directly to the franchisee first. It is important to tell them the following;

  • Why you are unhappy, setting out the act or omission you believe has occurred;
  • What you would like them to do to resolve your complaint;
  • Follow up any conversations in writing, making a note of the date and time and who you spoke to. Keep copies of all correspondence with the Franchisee.

Why do I have to complain to the franchisee first?

We can help you with complaints the franchisee has not been able to resolve. It’s only fair to give them the chance to respond to and resolve any complaints you have about them before you contact us.

We can start to help you when:

  • the franchisee has sent you a final viewpoint letter – and you are not satisfied with their reply;
  • the franchisee has not responded to or resolved your complaint within eight weeks of your original letter or email to them, and you have chased them for a response.

Why do I have to give the franchisee eight weeks to respond to my complaint?

It’s only fair to give them the chance to respond to and resolve any complaints you have about them before you contact us.

Many complaints processes allow eight weeks. It gives franchisees enough time to:

  • acknowledge your complaint;
  • investigate the details thoroughly – including checking any details with third parties which can take a long time;
  • consider any offers to put things right;
  • get back to you with a full response.

Can someone help me complain to the franchisee?

  • Yes, you can ask a friend or family member to help, or a third party such as a legal representative or someone from Citizen’s Advice. Your franchisee will also be able to deal with the person you choose instead of you throughout the process if you prefer.

The franchisee is not responding to my complaint – what can I do?

We recommend you send all complaint correspondence to the franchisee by recorded delivery or set a delivery receipt if you email them. That way you know if they’ve received it.

If you have not heard from the franchisee about your complaint, please contact them again. If they consistently fail to respond to you, and it’s been more than eight weeks since you first contacted them, please get in touch with us. We will need to see evidence that you have been trying to contact them. As soon as we have that, we can help.

What evidence do I need to support my complaint?

When we look at any complaint, we need to know it is genuine and that the allegation against the franchisee is backed up by evidence.

We only need to see copies of your evidence. Please don’t send originals because we cannot send them back to you.

What if the Franchisee has ceased trading?

What we can do depends on what stage your complaint was at when the franchisee stopped trading. We’ll let you know when we have all the details available and have had the chance to review the complaint.